The Problems with Distractions
Distracted workers struggle to stay focused, of course, but they also make more mistakes and turn over more frequently than usual.
- Employee Productivity – Studies show productivity goes down by as much as 40% because of noise and distractions. Making Privacy Simple can raise productivity by up to 35% with an appropriately installed office sound masking system
- Employee Error Rate – The Data Entry Management Association states that data entry errors can go up by as much as 38% because of office noise and distractions. An appropriately installed office sound masking system can decrease that rate significantly.
- Turn Over – Stress, mental fatigue, unwanted distractions & exceptionally vocal coworkers can all increase turn over. This can lead to increased investments in training and unemployment. Making Privacy Simple office sound masking systems have been proven to decrease turnover.
Consider Possible Sound Leaks
In addition to distracted workers, banks and other financial organizations are wise to take into account confidentiality. Consider where your organization discusses or uses confidential and/or legally-protected client information? Now consider the following facts:
- Walls, doors and windows vibrate and can transmit sound
- HVAC ducts can carry sound far from the intended audience
- Telephones can be bugged
Even when basic privacy measures are taken, if a conversation is transmitted, then there’s simply not confidentiality. Sound masking systems are designed to establish speech privacy and plug the easy to miss leaks. The result is happier customers and happier bankers…because everyone wants to feel and be safe.